We are looking for an electronics technician to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role you will:
- Manually populate and rework PCB assemblies using fine pitch surface mount components, and modify these by hand with circuit changes where required during development.
- Perform PCB layout design using Altium Designer, working closely with our electronics and mechanical design teams. Generate PCB manufacturing data and liaise with prototype suppliers. Contribute to the library management, design file management and administration of our Altium tools.
- Keep detailed records of circuit modifications and the build state of individual PCB assemblies.
- Perform and document testing on electronic circuit boards using standard laboratory equipment.
- Safely design, construct and commission the electrical and electronic aspects of test rigs, demonstration models and exhibition pieces, ranging from small desktop devices to full-size transportation interior mockups.
- Produce prototypes or test fixtures, sometimes with a limited specification where it will be necessary to seek clarity from the designer where required.
- Contribute to the build, modification and repair of small batches of prototype devices for use in design development.
- Work with the existing team on the day-to-day operation of the electronics lab, for example ordering components and PCB assemblies, keeping equipment in order, or organising equipment calibration and repair.
You will have:
- Some experience of hand soldering and rework. Training can be provided on surface mount rework but a level of practical soldering skills is essential.
- Experience of working with PCB layout. Knowledge of Altium Designer is an advantage but conversion training for this tool can be provided if required.
- A working knowledge of practical electronics.
- A can-do attitude and good time management approach, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage multiple incoming requests during the working day. People at DCA enjoy their work. They like the atmosphere and the variety, and they deliver a very high quality of output. You need to be enthusiastic about the whole process of product creation and delivery.
- A recognised qualification such as an HNC or HND in Electronics.
We can give you the opportunity to work with first-class colleagues on interesting and varied design projects across a wide range of market sectors. We offer competitive salaries and other benefits such as bonus and profit-related pay schemes. We help our staff grow with regular professional and technical development training.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now