Graduate Software Engineer
We are looking for recently graduated embedded software engineers, ideally with some commercial experience through placements, to join our multidisciplinary team. You will have:
- A passion for writing software on embedded systems, often with no operating system or support libraries
- Good embedded software skills in C, Python and similar languages
- Varied embedded software development experience, most likely including home projects as well as on your course
- A desire to gain communication skills to deal directly with DCA’s clients.
- 1st or upper 2nd class degree in software engineering from a university with a strong software reputation, or equivalent qualification.
You will have the opportunity to work with first-class colleagues on interesting and varied design projects across a wide range of market sectors, seeing the design through from initial specification to manufacturing handover.
We offer competitive salaries and other benefits such as bonus and profit-related pay schemes. We help our staff grow with regular professional and technical development training.
We are looking for software engineers who have a good knowledge of developing real-time software in C for embedded microcontrollers. A basic understanding of electronics and the ability to read schematics is important. Experience of testing or reviewing software is desirable. Knowledge of developing native apps on Android or iOS is also beneficial.
You will deal directly with clients and suppliers and so you need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will need to be capable of presenting formally and writing reports suitable for client delivery.
We operate in multi-functional project teams. You will be interacting with designers, mechanical engineers and electronics engineers to help develop a product architecture that takes account of all the visual and functional aspects of a product.
Enthusiasm and commitment:
People at DCA enjoy their work. They like the atmosphere and the variety, and they deliver a very high quality of output. You need to be enthusiastic about the whole process of product creation and delivery.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter.
All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.
- Senior Design Researcher and Strategist
- Senior Electronics Engineer
- Senior Human Factors Specialist
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Electronics Student Placement
- Embedded Software Student Placement
- Mechanical Engineer Placement
- Senior Industrial Designer