Head of Graphics (digital and print)
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and well organised Head of Graphics to join the Multimedia team at DCA, an award winning product design consultancy. Reporting to the Creative Director and working alongside the Head of Digital Media (Video and CGI).
Your mission will be to help create world class graphic and branding solutions that are the foundation of how we communicate. It is a hands on role, with the successful applicant creating, managing and delivering high quality graphic design for both digital and print across the business.
The vast majority of the role will be delivering graphic solutions for internal clients but there may also be opportunity to support DCA’s external client projects.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Directors, Sector Managers, Skill Leaders and their support staff and assistants, as well as other key members of staff in an informal, friendly but professional working environment.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key tasks and responsibilities listed below are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the role. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder who will be expected to carry out any tasks for which they are appropriately experienced and qualified as may be required by the Board.
Brand and corporate identity
- Liaise with the DCA Board to understand the DCA brand history, corporate identity and market positioning.
- Liaise with the different sector Directors and sector management teams to understand each sector’s specific marketing strategy, activities and graphic requirements.
- Work with the DCA Board to develop and manage the DCA brand through high quality and consistent graphic output across all touchpoints from communications to building signage.
- Manage the consistent use of corporate fonts and logos across all graphic output within current brand guidelines.
- Create and evolve brand guidelines in collaboration with the DCA Board.
- Attend the monthly corporate marketing meeting to be briefed on or present branding and graphics work.
- Liaise and receive briefs from Directors, Sector Managers, Skill Leaders and their support staff and assistants, for both digital and print advertisements.
- Create concepts and final artwork for advertisements and manage the successful delivery of these advertisements.
- Liaise and receive briefs from Directors, Sectors Managers, Skill Leaders and their support staff and assistants, for brochures and sales literature.
- Create concepts and final artwork for brochures, flyers and other sales literature and manage the successful delivery of these.
- When required create new digital and print brochures and systems.
- Liaise with approved digital brochure platforms e.g. ISSUU to ensure the latest innovations are utilised.
- Keep published digital artworks and hardcopies of published brochures organised and filed in approved filing systems.
- Review current print suppliers and research alternatives where appropriate.
- Be responsible for the quality control on all print and digital graphic output.
- Liaise and receive briefs from Directors, Sectors Managers, Skill Leaders Skill Leaders and their support staff and assistants, for graphic content for the DCA website.
- Create graphic content (e.g. illustrations, infographics and photography) for the DCA website.
- Help manage the graphic content, layout and user experience of the DCA website.
- Liaise with Head of Digital Media (Video and CGI) to help create graphic input to videos when required for the DCA website.
- Managing the posting and integration of video content onto the website.
- Liaise with external website developers when required.
- Help the Creative Director create and manage the annual budget for the DCA website.
- Liaise and receive briefs from Directors, Sectors Managers, Skill Leaders Skill Leaders and their support staff and assistants, for graphic content for DCA’s social media channels.
- Create graphic content (e.g. illustrations, infographics and photography) for DCA’s social media channels.
- Help publish and manage posts on DCA’s social media channels.
- Work with the Head of Digital Media and other members of the DCA multimedia team to create high quality photographic output of launched client products, DCA teams at work and various other images for marketing.
- Liaise with the Board, Sector and Skill teams to choose the lead images to be taken through final post production in Photoshop.
- Develop and enhance lead images in Photoshop.
- Help store and manage the imagery created in DCA’s approved image management filing system.
The candidate should ideally have:
- A bachelors degree in graphic design or a related field
- Over five years experience as a graphic designer with proven track record of successfully creating graphics through to print
- An expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- The ability to proactively work in a methodical and organised manner. Excellent administrative skills involving time management, processing and reporting with the ability to manage multiple incoming requests during the working day
- Strong written and verbal communication skills face to face, via telephone and in meeting environments.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ positive approach and an attention to detail
We offer competitive salaries, with other benefits such as discretionary bonuses, overtime and profit-related pay schemes, as well as regular development training.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply now