Human Factors Researcher / Ergonomist
We are currently looking for a candidate to fill a human factors/usability position within our inter-disciplinary team of researchers and strategists.
With a passion for understanding people, you'll collaborate with clients, designers, engineers and colleagues to plan research activities, conduct fieldwork, analyse findings, and translate those insights for diverse audiences. Your enthusiasm and passion for understanding human needs will involve you in many aspects of the research and design process.
We are looking for a talented Human Factors Researcher who possesses strong customer affinity and user empathy, thrives on working in multi-disciplinary teams and has a passion for field research, data analysis and translation. The Human Factors Researcher is a member of the Research team, and will work closely with other design researchers, design strategists and ergonomists.
- Involved in the designing and planning of research projects from conception to execution
- Conduct requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, observations, contextual inquiries, user interviews, workshops, and other methods
- Routinely inventing, developing and introducing new methods and techniques
- Translate data into insights, frameworks and expressions of human needs
- Help create compelling presentations and design/product recommendations including video capture and editing.
- Thrive in cross-disciplinary collaboration to generate user-centred opportunities and concepts.
- Adapt to changing schedules and different types of projects
- Spend time travelling (up to 15% as needed)
- Good product research and analysis skills
- Proven track record of applying research methodologies on live client projects
- Ability to connect insights to design - the insights and information drawn from research must be translated into an inspirational and useful foundation for design.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and across disciplines on multiple projects - we are looking for people who can keep up a high degree of rigour.
- Empathy and passion for people - We look for those who have a natural skill to engage with people. They should be passionate about representing a human and humane perspective.
- Experienced in the use of video to capture and communicate findings.
- Degree or higher in human factors, ergonomics, cognitive psychology, usability, anthropology, design, engineering, or equivalent field
- A demonstrated understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods is preferable.
- At least 3 years experience of applying human factors methodologies to product development programmes.
- Proven communication skills.
We offer competitive salaries, with other benefits such as discretionary bonus and profit related pay schemes, as well as regular development training.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now