Junior industrial designer
The Junior Designer will have a natural eye for design, a practical side and be passionate and driven to do the best to form a key part of the team. Junior Designer will work as part of the design team, taking on projects sketches and turn them into clear and eye-catching pieces of product design. The Junior Designer will be a team player, a confident communicator proactive in their approach to work, using software packages such as Adobe CS, Solidworks and Keyshot.
The successful candidate should be willing to support the senior project team within group ideation sessions and throughout the design process thus they must be confident in their abilities and show a willingness to learn new skills.
The ideal candidate will have a fantastic breadth of creative thinking built from a solid period of study at a top higher education establishment. Their portfolio should communicate their process and not just the final design output.
As a member of a highly creative team, it is important that the successful candidate is continually pushing the boundaries of ID to ensure that the company stay at the forefront of product development.
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Design.
- Graduate to 2 years professional experience.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Rapid idea generation and implementation of design themes.
- Excellent visual communication and form development skills.
- High level of aptitude in Adobe CS, Keyshot and great sketching is a must. Knowledge of Solidworks is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Supporting the senior team with the creation of presentation material for client meetings.
- Researching trends and their potential applications throughout the design process.
- Strong team player and contributor.
- Passionate about every detail and a keen interest in solving technically challenging problems.
- Bring a fresh and vibrant approach, creative perspectives and new techniques to the diverse range of project work.
We offer competitive salaries, with other benefits such as discretionary bonus and profit related pay schemes, as well as regular development training.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now