Mechanical Engineer Placement
We're looking for the best mechanical engineering students to join us - one of the world’s leading product design and development consultancies - for 12 month and summer placements at our offices in Warwick.
We operate in tight-knit, highly efficient multi-functional project teams to develop and deliver innovative products ranging from personal drug delivery and diagnostic devices through beauty care and air fragrancing devices to electric hyper scooters and flight simulators.
We'll help you to get up to speed with our design tools and our approach to project work, so that you can be quickly contributing to client projects. As part of our world class mechanical engineering team you will work closely with designers, electronics and software engineers and other skill teams in a flexible work environment to tackle the visual, ergonomic and functional aspects of projects in parallel, helping us deliver smart solutions that connect our clients to the future and improve people’s lives.
You'll need to be enthusiastic, motivated, self-reliant and able to manage your time, but help and support will be available when required. We assign a mentor to each student to help you settle in, to agree objectives and support your development goals during your time with us.
A placement here will complement your studies and give you the advantage that comes with hands-on experience on real commercial projects, making you a more rounded and employable engineer. We regularly sponsor the best of our placement students and many have joined DCA on graduation.
There's a vibrant atmosphere at DCA in which you'll quickly be made to feel part of the team. There are lots of company events and informal social activities going on, so you will certainly have some fun during your time with us in and out of the office!
- A proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- A projected 1st or Upper 2nd degree (or equivalent qualification) is essential, from a university with a strong engineering reputation.
- A strong set of technical A level results (A* & A’s).
- Strong mechanical and structural engineering capabilities.
- Evidence of design project work (as part of your course or in a previous work placement).
- Proven interest in design and product development engineering.
PAY AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive rates of pay and approved overtime. You will be entitled to 22 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays, adjusted on a pro rata basis for placements of less than 12 months.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 3rd of December, clearly indicating that you are applying for a mechanical engineering student placement, with an indication of your preferred placement dates. We will then review applications and invite successful candidates for interview.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now
- Senior Design Researcher and Strategist
- Senior Electronics Engineer
- Senior Human Factors Specialist
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Electronics Student Placement
- Embedded Software Student Placement
- Mechanical Engineer Placement
- Senior Industrial Designer