Mechanical engineering placement
We're looking for the best mechanical engineering students to join us for 12 month and summer placements at our offices in Warwick.
We'll help you to get up to speed with our design tools and our approach to project work so that you can be quickly contributing to client projects.
You'll need to be enthusiastic, motivated, self-reliant and able to manage your time, but help and support will be available when required. We assign a mentor to each student to help you settle in, to agree objectives and support your development goals during your time with us.
A placement here will complement your studies and give you the advantage that comes with hands-on experience on real commercial projects. Because our projects are so varied and we only employ the best engineers, you'll get a great range of exposure to different aspects of engineering and you'll learn a lot along the way, making you a more rounded and employable engineer. We regularly sponsor the best of our placement students and many have joined DCA on graduation.
There's a vibrant atmosphere at DCA in which you'll quickly be made to feel part of the team. There are lots of company events and informal social activities going on, so you will certainly have some fun during your time with us in and out of the office!
- A proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- A projected 1st or Upper 2nd degree (or equivalent qualification) is essential, from a university with a strong engineering reputation.
- A strong set of technical A level results (A* & A’s).
- Strong mechanical and structural engineering capabilities.
- Evidence of design project work (as part of your course or in a previous work placement).
- Proven interest in product design.
PAY AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive rates of pay and approved overtime. You will be entitled to 22 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays, adjusted on a pro-rata basis for placements of less than 12 months.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 7th of December, clearly indicating that you are applying for a Mechanical Engineering student placement, with an indication of your preferred placement dates. We will then review applications and invite successful candidates for interview.
To apply for this position please fill out this form (download here) and send it along with your CV and cover letter.Apply Now