Mid-range industrial designer
Harnessing the strength of the design, engineering and research disciplines within DCA, the successful candidate will be an exceptionally creative thinker and able to thrive within a fully integrated multi-disciplinary team. Reporting into the sector managers and lead industrial designers, the successful candidate must be self-motivated and show a willingness to aid in the general day to day running of projects through their project and time management skills.
The ideal candidate will have a fantastic portfolio of creative work across multiple sectors and be someone who is looking for their career to flourish within an ever-expanding ID team.
As a member of a highly creative team, it is important that the successful candidate is continually pushing the boundaries of ID to ensure that the company stay at the forefront of product development.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Design.
- 2 - 4 years professional experience.
- Project management skills are appreciated but not mandatory.
- Experience in consumer, FMCG or medical design is desired.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplined team, organisation or consultancy advantageous but not mandatory.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent visual communication and form development skills.
- Excellent team and client-facing verbal communication skills.
- High level of aptitude in Adobe CS, Solidworks, Keyshot and great sketching is a must.
- Strong team player and contributor.
- Passionate about every detail and a keen interest in solving technically challenging problems.
- Flexible approach to the diverse range of project work across multiple sectors.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of the product design and development process, and how this builds into the wider multi-functional product development process.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
We offer competitive salaries, with other benefits such as discretionary bonus and profit related pay schemes, as well as regular development training.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now