Mid-range Mechanical Engineer
You will get the chance to work alongside other outstanding individuals on a diverse range of exciting and challenging projects, from well-known consumer products, novel transport solutions to safety critical medical devices knowing that with your input you can make a real difference to people’s lives.
We operate in multi-functional project teams and our mechanical engineers need to work closely with designers, electronics, software engineers and other skill teams to integrate the visual and functional aspects of a product to create class-leading designs.
The vast majority of the products we design go to market and are highly visible, it’s great to see the products you have helped design on TV or on supermarket shelves!
WHAT WE EXPECT
- A great creative problem-solver, able to generate innovative solutions to complex problems
- Enjoy assimilating new information and learn new skills very quickly in a dynamic, consultancy environment.
- You to take responsibility for your technical work, although senior engineers will be available to advise you and undertake formal checking.
- You to lead specific work packages.
- Guide, support and check the work of the more junior members of the engineering team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with clients and colleagues.
- Be enthusiastic, hardworking and proud of your work. People at DCA are passionate about the creation and delivery of new products.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A 1st or Upper 2nd degree in mechanical engineering from a university with a strong engineering reputation, or an equivalent broad based technical qualification.
- Have experience working in a product design or development environment, applying Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) tools and computational techniques to deliver product solutions, utilising a wide range of manufacturing processes and materials.
- We will expect you to be able to work in our Warwick studios and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Knowledge and experience in low volume rapid prototyping technologies as well high volume processes such as injection moulding.
- To lead by example in setting standards with a “can do” attitude that inspires colleagues and clients
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work collaboratively, with world leading skill and sector experts on fascinating design and development projects with global impact, often seeing projects through from the initial exploratory front end to launch.
- Get involved designing clever mechanisms, creating elegant mathematical models, get hands on building and testing prototypes in our many workshops and labs fitted with state of the art equipment.
- Help create novel IP, reduce cost and environmental impact, improving manufacturability and improving performance to create class leading products.
- The opportunity to work with some of the world’s most exciting and innovative brands and companies, including Bentley, GSK, Reckitt, Hitachi, Rolls-Royce, Sanofi to tackle some of the most challenging issues.
- Formal training and on-the-job career development through our mentoring and reviewing processes.
- The opportunity to grow with regular professional and technical development opportunities.
- We offer competitive salaries, with paid overtime
- 22 days holiday + (extra days for long service up to 32 days).
- A 37 hour working week with half day on Fridays, great for work - life balance.
- A substantial annual discretionary profit related bonus.
- 2 additional fixed holiday bonuses in (paid in July and December, totalling 3% of base pay).
- Consideration will be given to hybrid working arrangements.
- Pension scheme.
- Our Warwick campus with its town centre location is convenient for shops or grabbing a coffee.
- Activities and Social fund, various subsidised sport activities throughout the week. Staff run Football, Badminton, Squash, running, go karting and cycling trips away.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Paid parking permit.
If you think you might be the right person for us but want an informal chat first then get in touch.
Email [email protected] to apply for this position.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now