Senior Design Researcher and Strategist
We are looking for a senior design researcher and strategist to join our award-winning, multi-disciplinary, product development team.
We are searching for a very special individual who shares a passion for both creativity and scientific rigour. We need someone who is comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty. Someone who can work at the front end of innovation to help inspire and navigate our clients to identify and roadmap opportunities. This person needs to understand brand, business, technology, culture and most importantly people. The successful applicant will be a great communicator, confident facilitator and rigorous researcher.
The role will supporting product development projects across our four sectors (Medical & Scientific, Transport, Consumer, and Industrial & Commercial). These projects will be diverse, covering everything from toothbrushes to trains. Recent examples include next generation of connected medical devices, large-scale machines for treating cancer, automotive HMIs, aircraft cockpits, train cabs and interiors and sustainable packaging solutions for the world’s leading FMCG brands. Through all these projects, our common purpose is to deliver commercially successful product design for our clients that both improves the lives of people and the impact on our planet.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work, collaboratively, with world leading skill and sector experts on fascinating design and development projects with global impact, often seeing projects through from the initial exploratory front end to launch.
- The opportunity to work with some of the world’s most exciting and innovative brands and companies, including Bentley, GSK, Reckitt, Hitachi, Rolls-Royce, Sanofi to tackle some of the most challenging issues.
- A great work life balance, with paid overtime for the occasions when extra help is needed.
- The opportunity to grow with regular professional and technical development opportunities.
What we expect
- A formal qualification in Design, Engineering, Marketing, Business or similar (e.g. BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Experience of working with world leading companies to develop product strategies.
- Experience of planning and facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders
- Experience planning and conducting in-depth interviews with consumers, users and client stakeholders
- Experience conducting desk-based research
- Experience with creating processes and models to inform product strategy (e.g. consumer journey mapping, product development processes, market mapping, technology roadmapping)
- Exceptional communication skills (on paper and in person)
- Willingness to travel (when safe to do so)
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to split time across multiple projects
- Project management experience
What we would love to see
- Experience of working in a creative environment (e.g. a design consultancy, in-house design team)
- Excellent visualisation communication skills e.g. infographics
- Experience supporting business development (meeting with potential clients) and supporting the preparation of proposal documents
- In-depth experience of a wider range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Competitive salaries – including overtime
- Bonus and profit-related pay schemes
- Pension scheme
- Professional membership
- Social schemes
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now
- Senior Design Researcher and Strategist
- Senior Electronics Engineer
- Senior Human Factors Specialist
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Electronics Student Placement
- Embedded Software Student Placement
- Junior Graphic Designer
- Mechanical Engineer Placement
- Senior Industrial Designer