Senior software engineer
We are looking to recruit exceptional software engineers with embedded systems development experience to join our successful and growing embedded software and electronics systems team.
We operate in multi-functional project teams and our software engineers need to co-operate with electronics, industrial designers and mechanical engineers to blend the visual and functional aspects of a product.
- You will need a 1st or Upper 2nd degree in software or electronics engineering from a university with a strong engineering reputation.
- You should have experience of a range of software disciplines, including many of: embedded software development (C and Java essential; Python, C#, C++ desirable), requirements analysis, architectural design, UML/software design, verification and validation, medical device development and safety-critical systems.
- You will have a good understanding of electronics and the ability to read schematics as you will be working with our electronics team during the product development process.
- You should have knowledge of communications systems such as Bluetooth; an awareness of creating Apps for Android and/or iOS is an advantage.
- You must be a creative problem-solver, able to generate innovative solutions to software challenges.
- You will need to assimilate new information and learn new skills very quickly in a dynamic, consultancy environment.
You will be expected to advise, support and check the work of the more junior members of the engineering team. Successful candidates will often be expected to manage the financial and commercial aspects of projects as well as leading the technical work. This will involve selecting and organising the team, managing budgets and timescales, liaising with and presenting to our clients.
- You must be a good verbal and written communicator.
- You will need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and proud of your work. People at DCA are passionate about the creation and delivery of new products.
We offer competitive salaries, with other benefits such as discretionary bonus and profit related pay schemes, as well as regular development training.