Client host / Second receptionist
DCA provides an extremely high quality and well-organised design and development service for our clients. The clients’ view of DCA is that we are a highly professional leading design consultancy.
We operate at the upper end of the design consultancy market offering a high quality service to blue chip companies.
It is vital that these same values of high quality service and commitment to our clients are apparent in everything that we do, particularly at points of direct contact with clients and visitors.
As one of the key points of contact between clients and staff at DCA, the person occupying this role requires an approachable attitude and a willingness to go that extra mile to project the image of DCA, often being the first point of contact. As such, conduct and presentation are vital.
The person will also be in a position to support DCA’s project staff, allowing them as far as possible to concentrate on their primary work of project delivery, safe in the knowledge that the Client Host is handling the support activities necessary for a successful client visit to DCA.
- Provide a first class service when meeting visitors and escort them to the appropriate meeting room at any of the DCA premises, informing the relevant DCA staff of the visitors’ arrival in a timely manner.
- On a daily basis, review the meeting room calendars, on Outlook, to check for new or amended bookings. Contact meeting organiser as required to ensure that the bookings are correct.
- At the end of each week (usually Thursday), review the forthcoming weeks meetings ensuring that all requirements have been catered for and that any issues are flagged immediately.
- Place catering orders with providers and ensure that all order details are accurate and that dietary needs are taken into consideration. Review requirements for regular visitors, pre-empt their favourite choice of menu and beverages. Ensure that meetings taking place over a number of days, or on a weekly basis, have a variety of menu choice.
- Provide visitors and DCA staff attending the meeting with hot and/or cold beverages, lunches and snacks, as they request. Attention must be given to the presentation and delivery of this service as well as to the handling and storage of food and beverages. Being discreet, quiet and efficient is paramount when entering and leaving meetings.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are clean, tidy and appropriately equipped for each meeting. Replenishing stationery supplies and crockery/glasses as required. Including wiping down the tables, clearing white boards and resetting the room after each meeting.
- Provide cover for reception areas during lunch periods and comfort breaks, and at times of heavy switchboard loading, or during leave or sickness periods. Handling calls efficiently and accurately including the use of the tannoy system as required.
- Issue of fobs to staff or cards to allow visitors, clients or contractors controlled access to DCA buildings.
- Acting as the Fire Coordinator when covering main reception in the event of a fire alarm activation or drill or other emergency situation.
- Arrange the purchase of catering consumables within budget. Ensure that stock is rotated to prevent wastage and that supplies are maintained to the correct level according to usage and storage restrictions.
- Arrange the purchase of stationery consumables. To keep stock levels maintained by using a checklist, and to maintain the tidiness of areas in which the stock is kept. Where required source new items.
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager on issues relating to the cleaners and report any maintenance issues that may occur in the meetings rooms, or that are observed when walking through the buildings daily.
- Work to the safe working practice guidelines associated to the role and comply with any training that may be given from time to time.
- Responsible for ordering the consumables for our large format colour printer/copier. Ensure that post is sorted and delivered to staff accordingly. Liaise with couriers as required. Ensure that post leaving DCA is taken to the Post Office in the relevant bag and to follow any special instruction as requested.
- To carry out administration support tasks as the Company may reasonably request from time to time.
- Co-operate with the other members of the administration team to provide additional capacity when peaks of administration work occur or staff are unavailable through holiday or sickness.
Skills & attributes:
- Confident using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Email and diary management.
- Confident and professional with a passion for excellent customer service. Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Good attention to detail, conscientious and takes pride in the output of work.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to speak to clients, suppliers, contractors and DCA staff at all levels.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and able to handle change effectively.
- Able to multi task and work with changes as they arise.
- Self managing with initiative and can do approach.
- Team spirited with the ability to work collaboratively is essential.
- Able to support business needs as required such occasional early starts or late finishes to support meetings.
- Previous experience in the hospitality or airline industry would be advantageous.
Please be aware that due to the operational requirements of this role holidays requests will be considered in line with other members of the team. This includes Christmas and New Year.