Multiple Design Researcher and Strategist Roles
Our design research and strategy team is growing. We are looking for junior, midweight and senior design researchers and strategists to join our award-winning, multi-disciplinary, product development team.
We are searching for some very special individuals who share a passion for both creativity and scientific rigour. We need people of all levels of experience who are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty. Individuals who can work at the front end of innovation to help inspire and navigate our clients to identify and roadmap opportunities. Individuals who are fascinated by brand, business, technology, culture and most importantly people. The successful applicants will be great communicators, confident facilitators (mid and senior roles) and rigorous researchers.
The role will supporting product development projects across our four sectors (Medical & Scientific, Transport, Consumer, and Industrial & Commercial). These projects will be diverse, covering everything from toothbrushes to trains. Recent examples include next generation of connected medical devices, large-scale machines for treating cancer, automotive HMIs, aircraft cockpits, train cabs and interiors and sustainable packaging solutions for world leading FMCG brands. Through all these projects, our purpose is to deliver commercially successful product design for our clients that both improves the lives of people and the impact on our planet.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work, collaboratively, with world leading skill and sector experts on fascinating design and development projects with global impact, often seeing projects through from the initial exploratory front end to launch.
- The opportunity to work with some of the world’s most exciting and innovative brands and companies, including Bentley, GSK, Reckitt, Hitachi, Rolls-Royce, Sanofi to tackle some of the most challenging issues.
- A great work life balance, with paid overtime for the occasions when extra help is needed.
- The opportunity to grow with regular professional and technical development opportunities.
What we expect
- A formal qualification in Design, Engineering, Marketing, Psychology, Business or similar (e.g. BSc, MSc, PhD).
- Experience of working with world leading companies to develop product strategies (senior roles).
- Experience of planning and facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders (mid and senior roles).
- Experience planning and conducting in-depth interviews with consumers and users (all roles).
- Experience conducting desk-based research (all roles).
- Experience with creating processes and models to inform product strategy (e.g. consumer journey mapping, product development processes, market mapping, technology roadmapping) (senior roles).
- Exceptional communication skills, on paper and in person (all roles).
- Willingness to travel - when safe to do so (all roles).
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to split time across multiple projects (all roles).
- Project management experience (mid and senior roles).
What we would love to see
- Experience of working in a creative environment (e.g. a design consultancy, in-house design team) (mid and senior roles).
- Excellent visualisation communication skills e.g. infographics (all roles).
- Experience supporting business development (meeting with potential clients) and supporting the preparation of proposal documents (senior roles).
- In-depth experience of a wider range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (mid and senior roles).
- Competitive salaries – including overtime
- Bonus and profit-related pay schemes
- Pension scheme
- Professional membership
- Social schemes
- Studio / remote hybrid working opportunities
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now