Senior Electronics Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated electronics engineer with extensive product development experience to join our multidisciplinary team.
In this role you will undertake the development and documentation of electronic hardware designs for medical devices and other innovative products, as well as contributing to the planning and management of the electronics aspects of complex product development programmes.
You will have:
- Excellent electronics design skills, preferably including wireless connectivity, and at least five years’ development experience.
- Experience of the complete electronics development lifecycle and the application of rigorous quality management systems.
- Experience in a lead role, managing the electronics team on a development project to plan and deliver innovative electronics solutions.
- The communication skills to deal directly with DCA’s clients and work alongside DCA team members from electronics and other skill areas.
- A 1st or upper 2nd class degree in electronics or a closely related subject from a well-established university course.
We can give you the opportunity to work with first-class colleagues on interesting design and development projects, often seeing the design through from initial specification to manufacturing handover.
We offer competitive salaries and other benefits such as bonus and profit-related pay schemes. We help our staff grow with regular professional and technical development opportunities.
Electronic hardware design experience:
You will need a minimum of five years’ experience designing and developing board-level electronic hardware including microcontroller-based systems, digital peripherals, power supplies and analogue circuits. Experience of implementing low-power connectivity solutions such as Bluetooth, ZigBee or Wi-Fi, including antenna design, would be beneficial. This experience should be across the full product development lifecycle, from requirements capture through architectural design, detailed design, test, debug and transfer to manufacture. You will lead technology selection, circuit design, modelling and simulation, PCB layout and prototyping.
Planning and management skills:
You will have experience in planning projects, determining the amount of electronics development resource required, and controlling project progress to deliver the electronic hardware against the plan that you make.
You will deal directly with clients and suppliers and so you need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will need to be capable of presenting formally and writing reports suitable for client delivery.
We operate in multi-functional project teams. You will need to co-operate with designers, mechanical engineers and software engineers to help develop and deliver a product architecture that addresses both the visual and functional aspects of a product.
You will be required to assume responsibility for delivering electronic hardware as part of a project team. You will direct, support and mentor other members of the project team, and control the quality of hardware releases and documentation.
Enthusiasm and commitment:
People at DCA take pride in their work and deliver a very high quality result. You need to be dedicated and enthusiastic about the whole process of product creation and delivery.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now
- Senior Industrial Designer
- Multiple Design Researcher and Strategist Roles
- Senior Human Factors Specialist
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer Placement
- Senior Electronics Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Mid-Range Software Engineer
- Embedded Software Student Placement