Senior Industrial Designer
We are on the lookout for an exceptional senior industrial designer to join our team of designers, researchers, strategists, engineers and model makers. Are you a positive, committed individual who leads by example and has a proven track record in delivering great design? If the answer is yes, continue reading.
We are looking for senior designers that have a little bit extra to give, a spark of creative genius. You will need to demonstrate an impressive command of the designer’s skillset. Your 2D sketch visuals should clearly communicate your design intent. You must have equally impressive 3D skills (preferably Solidworks and Keyshot) that will enable you to bring your design vision to life.
What we expect
- The ability to craft beautiful and compelling forms that have reason and meaning.
- Problem solve whilst answering and challenging a brief.
- Rationalise designs to different brands and clients.
- Create stunning visuals and tell captivating design stories.
- Generate great ideas that are reinforced with good technical knowledge.
- Push the boundaries and not accept second best.
- Learn new skills and move outside their comfort zone.
- Take a lead role in projects, from concept to completion.
- Bring their own individuality and flair to the team and projects.
- Lead by example to inspire colleagues and clients.
- Bring commitment and positivity to a team effort.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Mentor, develop and guide other team members.
- See the bigger picture, with a focus on strategy and future vision.
- Communicate confidently with peers and clients.
What you need
- A formal qualification in Industrial Design.
- 6+ years of professional experience, either in house or consultancy.
- A knock-out portfolio that showcases your abilities .
- A track record of delivering exceptional results across wide-ranging projects.
- A desire to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- A track record of overseeing projects and client relations.
- We will expect you to be able to work in our Warwick studios and you must be eligible to work in the UK.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work collaboratively, with world leading skill and sector experts on fascinating design and development projects with global impact, often seeing projects through from the initial exploratory front end to launch.
- The opportunity to work with some of the world’s most exciting and innovative brands and companies, including Bentley, GSK, Reckitt, Hitachi, Rolls-Royce, Sanofi to tackle some of the most challenging issues.
- A great work life balance, annual profit-share bonus, half day Fridays, subsidised lunches, subsidised social activities and paid overtime for the occasions when extra help is needed.
- The opportunity to grow with regular professional and technical development opportunities.
- Competitive salaries – including overtime
- Bonus and profit-related pay schemes
- Pension scheme
- Social schemes
Email [email protected] to apply for this position.
To apply for this position please send your CV along with your cover letter. All personal data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policy and notices.Apply Now